Monday, May 4, 2009

The End!

My second rotation was very different from my first rotation. I only went up to third grade from second grade but I could tell the difference. The students were much more independent. I also did a lot more observation in this classroom than in my first rotation. I was still able to learn from my students about how I function as a teacher. I was able to incorporate a lot of the strategies that I have been learning in my methods courses into the lessons that I taught in this rotation. Professionally I know I grew as a teacher. I found myself worrying about my students and trying to find new ways to help them to learn. I also found that some teachers like to get things done in the morning before school starts. However, I am a teacher who likes afternoons, and does not mind getting things done after school. I learned that I enjoy teaching no matter what grade my students are in. Even though I think I prefer second grade I love teaching no matter what my students’ age. The entire Quest 2 semester was incredibly challenging. I find myself at the end feeling prepared to start teaching, and ready to enter my own classroom. The coursework often times was so overwhelming that I could not focus on anything and accomplish it to the full. It was difficult to authentically learn from the assignments or focus on them because of the sheer amount of work. However, many of the assignments were meaningful and added to my learning experience. I so enjoyed being in a school atmosphere and drawing closer to my Quest 2 peers. Overall I am satisfied with my learning experiences in Quest 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment