So far in Quest 2 I have learned that it takes a while to break habits! The professional attribute that I began to work on at the beginning of the semester was punctuality. Overall I did really well during the first rotation being on time. However, it was really a struggle. I think it is going to take longer than I expected to be a morning person, but I know I will get there. I have also learned that I am really comfortable with students. I felt at ease in the classroom, and it was a good feeling to know that I can handle a classroom. I always knew that classroom management is one of the most important things to a successful classroom, and that has only become more concrete from my experience in my first rotation.
I know that I have learned that I am good with students because my cooperating teacher commented on it several times. She mentioned that I made great relationships with the students. My cooperating teacher also wrote about this ability while reviewing one of my lessons. From the observation in my classroom I learned how my teachers effective classroom management techniques (already firmly in place) could save a hairy situation. Students would get too loud or were being disruptive to others and there was something already in place to get the students back on track. I could even use these techniques when instructing the students and it helped me to realize different classroom management techniques that I would use in the future.
A challenge that I faced was being on time as I have already stated. I handled it by setting my alarm clock even earlier. I realize that this learning experience is more important than twenty more minutes in bed. That thought would get me going in the morning and on time to school. My goal for the rest of the semester is to learn as much as I can! I want to teach as many lessons as possible and continue to improve my teaching skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment