Beginning in Quest 2 I feel that I have worked through most of my weaknesses in professional attributes. I used to be very concerned about my punctuality. However, having completed my first week of Quest 2 I really did well, and I was on time every day whether it was for my methods courses or my classroom days.
I think one of my strengths in the professional attributes is cooperation. I feel that I am able to work well with my peers. We have a great group of girls in the Katy cluster, and I really enjoy working with a variety of my peers. In the classroom, with my cooperating teacher, I am willing to help her with whatever is needed. I am able to help her complete some time consuming activities while still having meaningful teaching experiences with the students. Another aspect is cooperation with the faculty that has also proved to be a success.
Flexibility is another professional attribute that I feel confident I execute effectively. If there are any sudden scheduling changes I am able adapt quickly. If something gets off course in the classroom I am able to accommodate any change that may be needed. I think that this is such an important quality to have as a teacher because it is almost guaranteed that your day will not stay on schedule. Not everything will always go perfectly, and I need to be able to handle that as a professional.
As I continue in this semester I will continue to work on my punctuality. It is very important to me that I become regularly and continually punctual as the semester continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment